Upper Learning Guidance Counseling
At The Galloway School, the social-emotional health of our student body is a top priority. Each level (Early Learning, Middle Learning and Upper Learning) has a full-time counselor dedicated to addressing the needs of its students, parents, and faculty. In addition, counselors work to build school-wide awareness regarding social justice, service learning, and creating a culture of safety and tolerance.
For Our Students:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
For Our Parents:
In addition to meeting with parents about their individual children or families, counselors develop parent education programming regarding topics that are developmentally appropriate to the age of the students. Parent education works to build a set of common values and foster a sense of community among Galloway parents.
For Our Faculty & Staff:
Counselors are integral members of the leadership team at each level and provide on-going consultation and support to faculty regarding student needs. In addition, counselors offer information about mental health and social development that enrich the faculty's ability to best support their students.
Upper Learning Counseling Services
- Provides a safe space where students can come and express themselves
- Collaborates with teachers, parents and students to support students at school
- Contributes to Freshman Experience, a required class for all ninth-graders, by leading lessons in self-awareness, coping, positive relationships, and other important topics for Upper Learning students.
- Plans Parent Education Events
- Coordinates student-support events such as “de-stress the test” activities, lunch and learns, and guest speakers
- Collaborates with outside school support services
- Sponsors student-initiated clubs